Friday, December 5, 2014

November 30th Letter - First Baptism in Australia!


This week our tri-panionship had a baptism! The guys name was Ivo and supposedly before I came, he contacted the missionaries and told them that he wanted to be a Mormon. We were able to teach him and he was able to be baptized. The man who baptized him was the husband of Ivo's girlfriend's sister, who Elder Newell had gotten to know in his last ward. It is cool how the Lord works. I also had the opportunity to give my first priesthood blessing to someone. I was pretty nervous, but I think I was able to be in tune with the Spirit and the man said that I said something in the blessing that he didn't get until a little bit latter, so that was cool to hear. 

I have been pretty busy just doing the work. My companions are really obedient and they are good examples to me. I recently set some mission goals and discovered that being a successful missionary is really simple. You just need to be willing to be obedient, willing to work, and develop Christlike attributes. Although actually doing these things are going to take a lot of work, that is really all you need to do which isn't much at all - the formula is simple. 

One of the biggest things I don't like so far is just how people don't keep commitments. It is so frustrating to set up all of these great plans and lessons throughout the day and then confirm appointments with people just to have them not show up. When our appointments don't show, we just have to go out onto the street and find new people to teach. It just wastes a lot of time going back and forth from the branch to the library and back again. We usually go finding at the library because the people there are not really in a hurry and are more likely to stop and talk. Anyways, I'm excited for next week and the ups and downs that are in store. 

Read the word of God and pray always. I'll send pics next week.

 Adam's First Baptism in Melbourne Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment