Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week of March 22 - A New Resolve: No Regrets

Hello,

To be honest, this transfer I have not been the best that I could have been and I did not do all that was expected. These last couple of weeks I noticed myself falling back into old habits and I hated seeing that happen. My companion is leaving the area and the ward really loved him. Like even the stake president said that I had big shoes to fill and the ward believes he is like the best missionary to ever serve there. It is interesting to see how the wards like missionaries who are good guys, but the harder workers and more diligent ones are sometimes less revered. He was a great guy, and the ward members did love him there is no doubt, but I know that we could have done more good and we kind of let each other slip up a bit. I guess the whole experience has made me think about what kind of legacy I want to leave, and I believe that it is possible to be remembered both as a good missionary who loved the members and a hard working, obedient one as well (without compromising one to obtain the other). It reminded me of the talk by elder Holland where he says people fashion gods to suit them (Jeffrey Holland: The Cost and Blessings of Discipleship), and they generally choose to reject the true God who requires them to change and repent. This transfer I will have no regrets. I promise you and the Lord.

Elder Otterson

No comments:

Post a Comment